Please fill out the questionnaire below.
Names of all persons living in your household, their relationship to you and their ages:
Please list two personal references (only ONE family member) and their relationship to you:
INITIAL HERE. I have read the Rebound Hounds Vetting Guide for Fosters and the Rebound Hounds Foster Intro.
Please note: we do ask that you foster for our rescue exclusively; if you want to foster a dog from another rescue – for our dog’s safety – we need to know and approve.
AND, IF YOU ARE GOING AWAY ON VACATION OR BUSINESS, Rebound cannot be responsible to pay for boarding. If you need assistance, we expect notice before you foster that you will need help with this expense.
1. No person who is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to foster.
2. Dogs will NOT be kept on a chain because of health hazards, lack of exercise and potential dangers chains may cause such as teasing and trapping the dog with no escape.
3. Dogs will NOT be used as hunting or guard dogs.
4. Foster will abide by all city and county animal control ordinances, specifically any leash laws to prevent the dog from roaming and becoming a nuisance animal.
5. Dogs will NOT be sold, traded, or given away for any purpose. It is not to be abandoned. Foster agrees to return the dog to Rebound Hounds if they are unable to care for it.
6. Foster agrees that dog will be part of the household, well cared for and treated with love and respect. Foster will assume full responsibility for its well-being, including providing adequate and wholesome food, fresh water, shelter from the weather and any veterinary treatment needed to provide for the continued health of the dog.
7. Rebound Hounds reserves the right to refuse to foster out any dog for any reason. Further, Rebound Hounds’ veterinarian reserves the right to refuse to foster out any dog for any reason, including the health of the dog.
8. Rebound Hounds is not responsible for any injuries (including rabies), maiming and /or death incurred to any persons or other animals in respect to this dog.
9. Rebound Hounds is not responsible for any damage or destruction to personal or home property caused by this dog.
10. Rebound Hounds does not guarantee a dog’s temperament or behavior once in the home.
11. Should foster adopt, the foster is subject to all requirements for adoption set down by Rebound Hounds application, approval, home visit, and a NON-REFUNDABLE donation fee (TBD by Rebound Hounds) paid to the rescue.
12. Unspayed/unneutered dogs shall be returned to Animal Care and Control shelters for surgery. Unless prior arrangements have been made with Rebound Hounds, if foster opts to seek private veterinary or low cost/certificate spay/neuter programs for surgery, they do so at their own expense.
13. ANY EXPENSE IN REGARD TO FOSTER DOG, IE., VETTING/TRAINING/BOARDING ETC., MUST BE APPROVED BY REBOUND HOUNDS BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE.
14. Foster must be physically able to handle and exercise their foster dog daily and sufficiently.
15. REBOUND HOUNDS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TAKE BACK THEIR DOG FROM THE FOSTER AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON.
16. REBOUND HOUNDS DOES NOT ALLOW FOSTER DOGS TO GO TO PUBLIC OFF-LEASH DOG PARKS. If a foster takes the foster dog in their care to a dog park, they will assume all liability in case of injury to canine or human.
THE ABOVE IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT. BY SIGNING BELOW, THE FOSTER(S) AGREES TO COMPLY WITH EVERY CONDITION LISTED ABOVE. THE FOSTER(S) FURTHER AGREES TO IMMEDIATELY SURRENDER AND RETURN THE FOSTERED DOG(S) TO Rebound Hounds SHOULD Rebound Hounds DETERMINE THAT THE FOSTER(S) HAS FAILED TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. SHOULD Rebound Hounds BE REQUIRED TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION IN ORDER TO SECURE THE FOSTERED ANIMAL(S), FOSTER(S) SHALL PAY ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS CONTRACT AND BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT I WAIVE ALL LEGAL RIGHTS, INLCUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE REBOUND HOUNDS AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND/OR REPRESENTATIVES.
In the event of my death or incapacity, this Contract shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives.
(If submitted electronically, typed name serves as legal signature)